Taxi License – How to Get a TLC License NYC
Looking for a taxi license called a TLC license NYC? The taxi license referred to as a TLC license NYC means the license given by the Taxi and Limousine Commission of New York City that is required to drive a medallion yellow cab or a black car limousine in the five boros of New York City.
Getting the license to drive a yellow taxi in New York City is referred to as the hack license. Having this license provides you access to the famous New York City yellow taxi cabs. Work either the day shift or night shift. Do not feel like driving? No problem. Take the day off and show up the next day because you are your own boss. Job security is based on how good your driving record is. In other words, the better you drive, the more desirable you are for operating the yellow cab in NYC.
Here are the steps for getting the taxi license referred to as a TLC license NYC:
1. Defensive Driving Class – getting the taxi license starts with attending a six hour defensive driving course. This class can be can be taken at the Master Cabbie Taxi Academy, the largest of the New York City Taxi Institutes.
2. Medical Exam Form Completion – before filing an application with the TLC, a taxi driver applicant must have a simple medical exam done by a New York licensed doctor. Master Cabbie can schedule this inexpensive exam for you if you want.
3. Prepare Application Papers – the next step in getting the TLC license NYC is to file the application for the taxi license NYC with the licensing division of the Taxi and Limousine Commission. At the time of filing, fingerprints will be taken and a background search done by TLC. Taxi Bentveld Once the application is submitted, a taxi license applicant is required to take a drug test at a laboratory designated by TLC.
4. Attend Taxi License School – the next step in getting the taxi license is to attend classes. The classes will cover subjects such as NYC geography, TLC regulations and customer relations for the taxi license driver.
5. Pass the Test – after the classes have been taken, the applicant needs to pass the New York City Taxi Operators written examination. The test has thirty questions related to English proficiency and fifty multiple choice questions about New York City taxi cab knowledge that has been learned in taxi school.
Why do New Yorkers and tourists alike take taxis in NYC? It is easy and convenient! There are more than 13,000 yellow cabs operating in NYC and the taxi license drivers give more than 225,000,000 rides a year at an average of about nine dollars per ride.
Having the TLC license NYC and driving a taxi is an excellent way to make a living. With the dollar at a low level against many other currencies, New York City is setting records each year with the number of visitors coming to enjoy the city.
Add the convention trade, the theater district and the newly expanding upper income neighborhoods outside Manhattan, it is easy to understand why holding a valid taxi license NYC can provide a meaningful income. Recent adjustments to the fare structure by the NYC Taxi & Limousine Commission have increased taxi driver income to the highest level in decades.
If you want to get the TLC license in NYC, Master Cabbie can help make it happen for you. If your English language skills are not the best, the Master Cabbie staff can support your preparation with the unlimited special class. If having the taxi license NYC appeals to you, contact the staff of Master Cabbie and get started today.
Leave a Reply